To quote a famous song, “I’m a Believer!” That is, I am a huge fan of juicing. My enthusiasm is based on first-hand experience with the benefits of juicing.
Actually, my initial reaction to juicing was not all that favorable. What I disliked the most was exposure to flavors that were less than pleasing. (Broccoli and beetroot juice just didn’t cut it.) In fact, it was such a disappointing experience that I abandoned the process completely for about a year.
It was the need to do something about my health that brought me back to the juicing table. After investing in a juicer it seemed only fair to give it another shot. If juicing lived up to its billing then surely I could adjust to the taste.
Oddly enough, the second time around flavor wasn’t eliquid, an issue. This time I did a little more research and discovered some wonderful ways of adding nutritious flavor to healthy drinks. (Carrots, apples, lemon, ginger, and pineapple to name a few.) More importantly, within just a few days I was feeling better and after a few weeks I was seeing dramatic improvements in my health.
Now, past the “don’t believe it” stage and well into the “wish I had done this sooner” phase, I am convinced that juicing delivers as advertised. Following is a list of some of the truly amazing benefits of juicing:
- Fast and Easy Digestion – If you are struggling with heartburn and acid reflux issues this is a really important benefit. Juicing provides almost instantaneous digestion. Whereby whole foods can take 2 to 3 hours to complete the digestive process juicing combinations take less than 30 minutes. Juicing retains the digestive enzymes in raw foods which work to break down food debris in your digestive tract. Consequently, not only is juice easily digested but the resulting enzymes help to process other food in your system as well. The nutrients contained in the juice combinations helps to regenerate glands and organs associated with digestion thus increasing your ability to absorb nutrients more efficiently., Improving digestion is an integral part of the positive affect and improvement in the lives and health of those that consume vital juices. Improving digestion improves body health. Less undigested food in your digestive tract means more energy and a lighter state of being.
- Rapid Mega-Doses of Powerful Nutrients – Raw vegetable and fruit juicing offers your body a myriad of essential vitamins and minerals in their most natural and potent state.
- Consumption of More Fruits and Vegetables – Let’s face it; most of us fall short of the fruits and vegetables we should eat each day. Instead we indulge ourselves in a typical toxic modern diet high on red meat, fat, and junk food. But, in your heart of hearts, you know that fresh fruits are the healthier choice. In fact, our preferred diet contributes greatly to the deterioration of our health. Somehow, somewhere along the way we decided that fruits and vegetables (especially veggies) just didn’t taste very good. Gradually we pretty much abandoned them altogether. Juicing enables you to consume large quantities of health giving fruits and vegetables. And by the way, juicing does not mean that you have to give up eating regular meals. You only need to juice once or twice per day.
- Powerful Antioxidant – There’s a lot of talk these days about antioxidants. Antioxidants are vital for reversing free radicals – impure oxygen compounds which are produced by the body’s metabolism, tampering with DNA, challenging the immune system and accelerating the visible signs of aging. With juicing you can access super powered antioxidants in their purest form that will restore healthful vitality that you thought was long gone.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health – Juicing the right combinations helps you to target specific health concerns. Improve the quality and flow of your blood, regulate blood pressure, and keep your arteries clean. By juicing you are giving your body what it needs for good heart health.
- Detoxes the Liver – Juicing helps you to gain and maintain a healthy liver. Among other things, your liver functions to produce bile for the break-down of fats, convert sugars (glucose) to stored sugar (glycogen), filter harmful substances from the blood, and store precious vitamins and minerals. Detoxification of your liver is kind of like getting rid of a clogged air filter on your car and replacing it with a new one. Toxins poison your system and contribute to disease and overall poor health.
- Alkalizes Your System – Daily stress, aging, obesity, and the typical modern diet cause our bodies to have a high acidic pH balance. Too much acid is destructive to the body in numerous ways. Juicing (especially vegetable juicing) brings the body into a proper alkaline/acid balance which also contributes to improved health.